1. Dubie finishes 9-9-1 on the season, and wins in an MSG shootout for the second time in a month. He made 48 saves in facing over 50 shots for the second time in less than a week. Dubie finishes with a .919 save percentage and a 2.70 goals against.
2. The Isles won the season series 5 games to 3, and 10 points to 8. They take a one-point lead in the Hummer standings with Sunday's Devils-Rangers set to decide the winner.
3. Richard Park scored a 3 on 5 goal for the second straight season. He scored in Pittsburgh last January 16th. He also was credited with his 2nd shootout -deciding goal of the season. He also had the winner in Calgary in January.
and a few more..
4. The Isles end season 35 with 35 wins and a 35-38-9 record. The 79 points are 1 more than they had two seasons ago.
5. For the 33rd times in 35 seasons, the Isles finished with fewer power plays than their opponents.
6. The Isles are now 22-10 all-time in shootouts, including 3-1 at MSG and 4-1 against the Rangers.
7. The Isles finish the season with 189 goals (+5 more in shootouts). It's the fourth time in club history that they've scored the fewest goals in the league. No Islander reached 50 points for the first time in club history, excluding the lockout campaign.
8. Jaromir Jagr now has 59 goals against the Isles, more than any player has ever scored against the Isles, and more than any active player has scored against any other team.
9. The Isles finish the season 3-3-2 in their season-ending intra-divisional eight game stretch.
10. It's only about 26 weeks until they start it up all over again. Enjoy the playoffs...even on TV.
Forever1940 is the nom de plume of Eric Hornick. Eric has worked the Stanley Cup Finals four times, and celebrated his 26th anniversary as the statistician on Islander home telecasts on January 21, 2008.
Post a Comment