· 2 opponent shorthanded goals in a period (tied record, last done in 2008)
· It's the seventh time in NHL history (since 1933-34, when it became an official stat) that both teams scored twice shorthanded in a game
· It's the 12th time in NHL history (since 1933-34, when it became an official stat) that the teams combined for four shorthanded goals
· It's the first time since December 3, 1995 (Dallas/Colorado) that teams combined for four shorthanded goals in a period
· It's the first time since November 18, 2000 (Florida/Ottawa) that teams combined for four shorthanded goals in a game
· Evander Kane is the first opponent to score 2 SH goals vs. the Isles in a game since Mike Richards (in Philadelphia on February 8, 2016) and the first to score 2 SH goals against the Isles in an Islander home game since Alexander Semak (for New Jersey on October 16, 1993).
Twice in their history the Isles have scored two shorthanded goals in an entire season (1972-73 and 2012-13); they did it Saturday in a 50 second span.
To put that in perspective, excluding overtimes, the Isles scored 5 shorthanded goals in 4,920 minutes of play last season -- one every 984 minutes.
Post a Comment