1. Jason Blake recorded his second hat trick of the season and
fifth of his career. He is the first Islander to record a hat
trick in a single period since Yashin did it at MSG on January
2. The Isles finish February 9-2-2. It's their most wins in
February since 1994, when they went 9-4-1 and their best
February since they went 12-1-1 in 1982.
3. The Isles now have 72 points in 63 games, most since 1983-84
when they had 78.
4. DiPietro made his 12th straight start, tying a career high.
He is 8-2-2 in the twelve games.
5. The Islanders have won four straight games, all by one goal.
It's only the second time that's happened in Islander history:
27-Feb-93 @ Philadelphia 3 2 W
28-Feb-93 @ Hartford 7 6 Wot
2-Mar-93 Vs Detroit 3 2 W
7-Mar-93 @ Washington 3 2 W
Forever1940 is the nom de plume of FSN statistician Eric Hornick.Eric, who has worked the Stanley Cup Finals four times, celebrated his 25th anniversary as the statistician on Islander home telecasts on January 21, 2007. Often referred to on-air as an actuary, he is one of 2,921 Fellows of the Casualty Actuarial Society and is the President-Elect of the Casualty Actuaries of Greater NY.You can find him in the "Best Seat in the House", about six feet to Howie and Billy's left, at most Islander home games.For more on the actuarial profession, visit www.beanactuary.org