1. Isles have had a two-goal lead in all three games of trip, but have gone only 1-0-2.
2. The Isles have scored at least four goals in four straight games. It's the first time that they've done that since doing it in four consecutive games in December 9-19, 2006. (They haven't had a longer streak since scoring four straight in seven straight games in December, 1993)
3. The Isles have played three consecutive OT games for second time this season. Last time they played 4: October 18-28, 2001 (three wins and a tie)
4. Last time Isles played three consecutive OT games, all on the road: April 2-6, 1994 (one win and two ties).
5. Isles have scored 2 power-play goals in consecutive games for first time since Nov 22-24, 2009. They'll look in Boston to do it in three consecutive games for the first time since October 18-27, 2007.
6. Isles have now lost 6 straight in Sunrise, but earn a point in South Florida for the first time since beating the Panthers 4-1 on November 18, 2006.
7. John Tavares now has a 4-game point streak. (3-4-7). He has back-to-back multi-point games for the first time in his career.
8. Kyle Okposo has goals in consecutive games for the 2nd time this season.
9. The Isles have earned at least 1 point in 10 of Roloson's 11 starts (5-1-5) and are 5-0-3 in his last eight starts. Roloson's 5 "loser points" not surprisingly leads the NHL.
10. Ten of the Isles' first 20 games have gone to overtime. Isles are 2-3 in games decided in overtime and 1-4 in games decided in shootouts. Isles are 4-9 under Gordon in shootouts, having lost eight of the last ten. Twelve of the first 20 have been decided by a single goal (3-2-7).
11. Isles have earned points in 10 of the last 12 (6-2-4); first time since going 7-2-3 from December 21, 2007 to January 13, 2008.
12. Isles now head to Boston -- they've lost six straight in Boston (0-4-2) since winning in a shootout on January 11, 2007. Isles have lost seven straight to Boston overall (0-6-1) since beating the B's 2-1 on November 24, 2007.
Forever1940 is the nom de plume of Eric Hornick, statistician on Islander home telecasts since 1982. Visit my blog: forever1940.blogspot.com and follow me on Twitter @ehornick