- Nashville Predators Barry Trotz 1997 1114
- Detroit Red Wings Mike Babcock 2005 622
- Boston Bruins Claude Julien 2007 456
- San Jose Sharks Todd McLellan 2008 376
- Chicago Blackhawks Joel Quenneville 2008 352
- Pittsburgh Penguins Dan Bylsma 2009 318
- Phoenix Coyotes Dave Tippett 2009 294
- Philadelphia Flyers Peter Laviolette 2009 269
- New York Islanders Jack Capuano 2010 195
"The Skinny" By Eric Hornick Eastern Conference Round 1, Game 6 Carolina 2, Isles 1 Carolina Wins Series 4-2 School is out. Paul ...
Wednesday, May 29, 2013
Torts fired; Cappy moving up the list
With the Rangers firing John Tortorella today, Jack Capuano is now the 9th longest-tenured (single team) coach in the NHL.
Interestingly, only five of the eight longer-tenured than Capuano made the playoff this season; three of those five will make the conference finals this season.
Capuano is now also the longest tenured coach of the five winter teams based in New York.
Of the nine New York head coaches/managers, only Tom Coughlin, Rex Ryan and Joe Girardi have longer tenures than Jack Capuano, who assumed his role with the Islanders eight days before Terrry Collins became the manager of the Mets.
Forever1940 is the nom de plume of Eric Hornick, statistician on Islander home telecasts since January 21, 1982. Visit my blog: NYISkinny.com and follow me on Twitter @ehornick