- Josh Bailey needs 7 goals for 100 and 43 games for 600. Josh will be the 13th Islander to reach 600 games.
- Johnny Boychuk needs 2 assists for 100 NHL assists and 37 games for 500 NHL games.
- Jason Chimera, who owns the longest ironman streak among any current Islander (105 games), is 49 games shy of 1,000 NHL games and needs 31 points to reach 400 NHL points.
- Casey Cizikas needs 10 games for 300 and 18 points for 100.
- Cal Clutterbuck needs 4 goals for 100 NHL goals and 28 games for 600 NHL games.
- Calvin deHaan is 11 games shy of 200.
- Jaroslav Halak begins the season with exactly 200 wins, earning the milestone in the game he was hurt last March vs. Pittsburgh. His next shutout will be the 40th of his NHL career.
- Travis Hamonic is 5 games shy of 400.
- Nikolay Kulemin is 16 games shy of 600 NHL games.
- Andrew Ladd needs 31 games for 800 NHL games and 34 points for 500 NHL points.
- Nick Leddy needs 23 points to reach 100 as an Isle and 30 assists to reach 200 for his NHL career.
- Anders Lee needs 7 points to reach 100 while Ryan Strome needs only 4 for the same milestone.
Thursday, October 13, 2016
The Skinny on Upcoming Isles Milestones
John Tavares' march up the Islander leader board is in full force. By the time this season ends, he could be in the top 7 in the three major statistical categories (goals, assists, points).
JT highlights the season-opening look at upcoming Isles milestones:
Tavares begins the year with career totals of 207-264-471. Among Islanders that ranks him 10th all-time in goals, 13th in assists and 12th in points.
JT needs only 32 goals to move into 7th overall and 43 goals to become the 7th with at least 250. Both are reachable this season.
Only 9 Islanders have recorded 300 assists; JT needs 36 to get there. While it is a reach for one season, Tavares needs only 65 assists to pass Pat Flatley for 6th all-time. The five guys ahead of Flatley share 20 Islander Stanley Cup rings.
Tavares needs 29 points to reach 500, which would also allow him to pass Derek King (499) for 10th all-time. A 74-point season would push him to 7th all-time, while 96 points would get him to 6th.
Here’s one you might not know. Tavares has 36 game winning goals, which is already 8th in Islander history; he needs just three more to get into the top 5 all-time, and if he matches his career high of eight GW goals in a season he would tie Denis Potvin for 3rd with 44.
Among players not named Tavares: