Not much time tonight... but when you set history and assure yourselves of a top-2 pick.... on to the trick!
1. The Isles guaranteed themselves a top-2 pick and to finish last overall, with a 6-1 loss in Pittsburgh.
2. The Isles have been outscored 15-1 in the last two games. The -14 differential is the worst in consecutive games in Islander history. The Isles were outscored by 13 goals in consecutive games in October 1990 (8-1 vs NJ, 8-2 in Montreal)
3. The Isles finish the road campaign with only 21 points (9-29-3). It's the third-worst road season in Isles history, behind only the 1972-73 and 1995-96 seasons. After opening 5-4-1 in their first 10 road games, the Isles went 4-25-2 on the road after Thanksgiving.
4. The Isles finish the season 1-4-1 vs. Pittsburgh and have lost five straight in Pittsburgh and 8 of the last 9 in the Steel City.
5. Up next: the Isles return home for the final weekend when they entertain Philadelphia on Saturday at 2pm. The Isles have lost 9 straight (0-6-3) vs. Philadelphia, including all 5 (0-3-2) this season.
Forever1940 is the nom de plume of Eric Hornick, statistician on Islander home telecasts since 1982.
Post a Comment