- Islanders have won 3 straight for the first time since April 1-6, 2010. They last won 4 straight Jan 9-18, 2010.
- Islanders have won 2 straight in overtime for the first time since December 22-26, 2007. They have never won 3 straight in overtime (or in overtime/shootouts). They have also never won 3 straight road games in overtime/shootouts.
- Isles have won 2 straight in overtime, both on the road, for the first time in club regular season history. It happened in the 1980 playoffs (Bourne/Gillies vs Boston)
- Isles have won 2 straight road games for the first time since December 16-26, 2009 (both at MSG). That was their only winning streak on the road last season. The Isles last won 3 straight road games as part of a 4 game road win streak between Jan 11-22, 2008.
- Isles have won 2 straight games, both on the road, for the first time since November 22-24, 2008 (in Buffalo and Montreal). They haven't won 3 consecutive games, all on the road, since April 7, April 8, October 5, 2007 (the last 2 games of one season and the first game of the next). They haven't done it in one season since opening the 2001-02 season with four consecutive wins, all on the road.
- The Isles have swept both games in Florida only once in club history -- October 5-6, 2001.
- The Isles have scored on the PP in 3 consecutive road games for the first time since Nov 11-14, 2009. They haven't done so in 4 consecutive road games since the final game of the 2008-09 season and the first 3 road games of the 2009-10 campaign. The Isles scored on the PP in 7 consecutive road games in the 2008-09 season.
- The Isles have scored 9 PP goals in their first 7 games; they scored only 9 PP goals in the first 12 games (and 10 PP goals in the first 16 games) last season.
Road to the Cup - May 24, 1980 -- Isles 5, Philadelphia 4 (OT) (Isles win best-of-7 series AND STANLEY CUP 4-2)
40 Years Ago Today By Eric Hornick Game 6 Isles 5, Philadelphia 4 The Stanley Cup is ours! Bob Nystrom converted a pass from John Tonelli...
Saturday, October 23, 2010
Some notes heading into the Isles' Saturday game in Florida: