- Islanders have won 3 straight for the first time since April 1-6, 2010. They last won 4 straight Jan 9-18, 2010.
- Islanders have won 2 straight in overtime for the first time since December 22-26, 2007. They have never won 3 straight in overtime (or in overtime/shootouts). They have also never won 3 straight road games in overtime/shootouts.
- Isles have won 2 straight in overtime, both on the road, for the first time in club regular season history. It happened in the 1980 playoffs (Bourne/Gillies vs Boston)
- Isles have won 2 straight road games for the first time since December 16-26, 2009 (both at MSG). That was their only winning streak on the road last season. The Isles last won 3 straight road games as part of a 4 game road win streak between Jan 11-22, 2008.
- Isles have won 2 straight games, both on the road, for the first time since November 22-24, 2008 (in Buffalo and Montreal). They haven't won 3 consecutive games, all on the road, since April 7, April 8, October 5, 2007 (the last 2 games of one season and the first game of the next). They haven't done it in one season since opening the 2001-02 season with four consecutive wins, all on the road.
- The Isles have swept both games in Florida only once in club history -- October 5-6, 2001.
- The Isles have scored on the PP in 3 consecutive road games for the first time since Nov 11-14, 2009. They haven't done so in 4 consecutive road games since the final game of the 2008-09 season and the first 3 road games of the 2009-10 campaign. The Isles scored on the PP in 7 consecutive road games in the 2008-09 season.
- The Isles have scored 9 PP goals in their first 7 games; they scored only 9 PP goals in the first 12 games (and 10 PP goals in the first 16 games) last season.
Saturday, October 23, 2010
Some notes heading into the Isles' Saturday game in Florida: