2. Miro Satan has the game winning goal in each of the last three games -- all one goal victories. The club record for consecutive wins all by one goal is 4, set last February. Satan, who had only two game winning goals in each of his first two seasons with the Isles, now also has a point in seven straight games.
3. The Isles are 7-2 at home. They haven't earned more points in their first nine games at home since 1984-85. They are 9-4 overall and their 18 points in 13 games is their second highest total through thirteen games in the post-Cup era.
and a few more...
4. The Isles are now 8-0 against teams that made the playoffs last season and have won all six games that they've led after 40 minutes.
5. The Isles did not take a penalty in a game for the first time since January 29 2002 (also against New Jersey)
6. The winning goal came on a 5-on-3. The Isles have scored four 5-on-3 goals this season, matching their total for all last season.
Forever1940 is the nom de plume of FSN statistician Eric Hornick. Eric, who has worked the Stanley Cup Finals four times, celebrated his 25th anniversary as the statistician on Islander home telecasts on January 21, 2007. Often referred to on-air as an actuary, he is one of 3,044 Fellows of the Casualty Actuarial Society and is the President of the Casualty Actuaries of Greater NY. You can find him in the "Best Seat in the House", about six feet to Howie and Billy's left, at most Islander home games. For more on the actuarial profession, visit www.beanactuary.org