2. Miro Satan now has 26 career goals against the Rangers in his career -- more than any other NHLer against the Rangers since Satan entered the league.
3. The Isles are now 8-1-2 in their last 11 games against the Rangers, matching the best 11-game stretches in club history (done most recently during the dynasty days).
and some more...
4. Chris Drury's pp goal was only the fourth goal of any kind that the Rangers have scored in the second period this season.
5. Is it the return of Fort Neverlose? The Isles are 6-2 at home, and have earned 12 points in their first eight home games. This equals their best home start since opening 7-1 at home in 1986.
6. The Rangers are 0-5-1 on the road. It's the first time in 55 years that the Rangers have only one point in their first six road games.
Forever1940 is the nom de plume of FSN statistician Eric Hornick. Eric, who has worked the Stanley Cup Finals four times, celebrated his 25th anniversary as the statistician on Islander home telecasts on January 21, 2007. Often referred to on-air as an actuary, he is one of 2,920 Fellows of the Casualty Actuarial Society and is the President of the Casualty Actuaries of Greater NY. You can find him in the "Best Seat in the House", about six feet to Howie and Billy's left, at most Islander home games. For more on the actuarial profession, visit www.beanactuary.org