Monday, March 16, 2009
A few more...
2. Streit also now has 37 assists. The Isles haven't had a 40-assist man since Yashin had 43 in 2001-02.
3. Streit leads the team in both assists and points. No Isle defensemen, other than Denis Potvin, has led the team in points -- Potvin did it 4 times. Potvin (4 times) and Poti (once) are the only defenders to lead the team in assists. Streit is one goal behind Okposo for the team lead in that category -- no defensemen has ever led the Isles in goals.
4. Streit needs 5 goals and Okposo 4 goals to reach 20. The Isles have never had a season without a 20-goal scorer. Palffy had 22 goals in 1998-99 to lead the team -- the lowest in a full-season for a team leader (Ferraro had 22 in 1995 lockout season).
5. Okposo now has a point in a career high 6 straight. He had two
separate 5 game point streaks earlier this season. Bobby Ryan has the
longest streak by a rookie this season-7games; Two others also have had
six game streaks.
6. Manino joined MacDonald and Danis in recording their first career Islander win this season. It's the fourth time in club history that three goalies have recorded their first Islander win in the same season. Perhaps the Isles should re-call former Union College goalie Kris Mayotte to give him a shot at making it 4.
Forever1940 is the nom de plume of Eric Hornick, statistician on Islander home telecasts since 1982 (and a proud Union College alum!)