- The Isles scored 6 goals in a game against the team in the NHL with the most points for the first time since a 6-2 win over the Rangers on February 20, 1992. Pierre Turgeon had a hat trick in that game, which featured 4 PP goals for the Isles.
- The Isles have scored at least 6 goals in three consecutive home games against the same opponent for the first time since they did so against Calgary more than two decades ago:
- 2/2/92 Isles 6, Calgary 3
- 1/12/93 Isles 8, Calgary 2
- 1/7/94 Isles 6, Calgary 2 (4 different Isles made their NHL debut in this game -- the most memorable being Ziggy Palffy)
Road to the Cup - May 24, 1980 -- Isles 5, Philadelphia 4 (OT) (Isles win best-of-7 series AND STANLEY CUP 4-2)
40 Years Ago Today By Eric Hornick Game 6 Isles 5, Philadelphia 4 The Stanley Cup is ours! Bob Nystrom converted a pass from John Tonelli...
Monday, January 04, 2016
Some extra Skinny
The Elias geniuses had some notes (with some extra info from me) that make for some good extra Skinny:
and one left-over from Saturday:
Sidney Crosby now has 91 points against the Islanders. Jaromir Jagr is the only active player with 90 points against any opponent -- in Jagr's case, he has done it against 7 different teams!
Also, it's noted that Nick Leddy's 5-game point streak (1-5-6) is a new career high.
Forever1940 is the nom de plume of Eric Hornick, statistician on Islander home telecasts since January 21, 1982. Visit my blog: NYISkinny.com and follow me on Twitter @ehornick