- The Isles scored 6 goals in a game against the team in the NHL with the most points for the first time since a 6-2 win over the Rangers on February 20, 1992. Pierre Turgeon had a hat trick in that game, which featured 4 PP goals for the Isles.
- The Isles have scored at least 6 goals in three consecutive home games against the same opponent for the first time since they did so against Calgary more than two decades ago:
- 2/2/92 Isles 6, Calgary 3
- 1/12/93 Isles 8, Calgary 2
- 1/7/94 Isles 6, Calgary 2 (4 different Isles made their NHL debut in this game -- the most memorable being Ziggy Palffy)
"The Skinny" By Eric Hornick Eastern Conference Round 1, Game 6 Carolina 2, Isles 1 Carolina Wins Series 4-2 School is out. Paul ...
Monday, January 04, 2016
Some extra Skinny
The Elias geniuses had some notes (with some extra info from me) that make for some good extra Skinny:
and one left-over from Saturday:
Sidney Crosby now has 91 points against the Islanders. Jaromir Jagr is the only active player with 90 points against any opponent -- in Jagr's case, he has done it against 7 different teams!
Also, it's noted that Nick Leddy's 5-game point streak (1-5-6) is a new career high.
Forever1940 is the nom de plume of Eric Hornick, statistician on Islander home telecasts since January 21, 1982. Visit my blog: NYISkinny.com and follow me on Twitter @ehornick