(Through games of March 30)
Best They Can Do (By Winning Every Game in Regulation or Overtime)
- NY Rangers 107 points/ 46 ROW
- Pittsburgh 106 points/ 45 ROW
- ISLES 105 points/ 43 ROW
- Philadelphia 101 points/ 41 ROW
- Boston 98 points/41 ROW
- Detroit 97 points/41 ROW
- Washington: 4/1 @ Colorado, 4/2 @ Arizona, 4/5 vs. ISLES, 4/7 vs. Pittsburgh, 4/9 at St. Louis, 4/10 vs. Anaheim
- NY Rangers: 3/31 @ Carolina, 4/2 vs. Buffalo, 4/4 @ Columbus, 4/5 vs. Tampa Bay, 4/7 vs. ISLES, 4/9 vs. Detroit
- Pittsburgh: 3/31 vs. Nashville,4/2 @ISLES, 4/3 vs. Philadelphia, 4/5 @ Ottawa, 4/7 @ Washington, 4/9 @ Philadelphia
- ISLES: 3/31 vs. Columbus, 4/2 vs. Pittsburgh, 4/4 vs. Tampa Bay, 4/5 @ Washington, 4/7 @ NY Rangers, 4/9 vs. Buffalo, 4/10 vs. Philadelphia
- Philadelphia: 4/2 vs. Ottawa, 4/3 @ Pittsburgh, 4/6 at Detroit, 4/7 vs. Toronto, 4/9 vs Pittsburgh, 4/10 @ ISLES
- Boston 4/1 @ St. Louis, 4/3 @ Chicago, 4/5 vs. Carolina, 4/7 vs. Detroit, 4/9 vs Ottawa
- Detroit: 4/1 vs. Minnesota, 4/2 @ Toronto, 4/6 vs. Philadelphia, 4/7 at Boston, 4/9 @ NY Rangers
- If the Isles go 3-3-1 they will clinch a playoff spot regardless of what everyone else does.
- If the Isles win their last 7 they will finish no lower than 3rd regardless of what everyone else does.
The Isles need to finish ahead of eight teams to clinch a playoff berth. Assuming the Isles finish ahead of teams currently in 10th to 16th place, the Isles also need to finish ahead of Philadelphia, Boston, Detroit, the Rangers OR Pittsburgh in order to clinch a playoff berth.
Magic numbers vs. other teams to clinch playoff berth: New Jersey (2), Carolina (2)
- 5, if the Isles win
- 6, if the Isles lose in overtime or a shootout
- Isles win twice, Boston goes 0-1-1 and Detroit goes 1-1-0 (or 0-0-2). That would give the Isles 95 points and give Detroit and Boston a possible maximum of 95 as well. However, only one could reach it because of their game against each other.
- Isles go 1-0-1, Boston goes 0-2-0 and Detroit goes 0-1-1. That would give the Isles 94 points and give Detroit and Boston a possible maximum of 94 as well. However, only one could reach it because of their game against each other.