It was the first night of Passover and all through the house...
The youngest was asking 4 questions.
1. Will the Islanders win this series? (Don't know yet; that's why they play the games)
2. When did the Islanders last win a game 5 (Believe it or not, in 1987; they are 0-11 since)
3. When will we know the starting time of game 6? (Patience)
4. Have the Isles ever played on the first night of Passover? (Ask The Skinny!)
Tonight marks the 6th time in Islander history that they will play a playoff game on the first night of Passover.
The Isles are 3-2-0 in the five previous games:
- Friday 21 April 1978 Lost 2-0 @Toronto (Game 3)
- Wednesday 7 April 1982 Beat Pittsburgh 8-1 (Game 1)
- Monday 16 April 1984 Won 5-2 @Washington (Game 2)
- Monday 9 April 1990 Beat the Rangers 4-3 in 2OT on a Brent Sutter goal (Game 3)
- Wednesday 16 April 2003 Lost to Ottawa 3-1 (Game 4)
The Isles will be looking to make this night different than any other (of the last 11 game 5's) at 8pm tonight.
Post a Comment