Saturday won't be a playoff clinching day for the Isles and neither will Sunday. Wins by the Bruins and Red Wings on Friday night mean that the magic number stays at 5.
(Through games of April 1)
Best They Can Do (By Winning Every Game in Regulation or Overtime)
- Pittsburgh 106 points/ 45 ROW
- NY Rangers 105 points/ 45 ROW
- ISLES 105 points/ 43 ROW
- Philadelphia 101 points/ 41 ROW
- Boston 98 points/41 ROW
- Detroit 97 points/41 ROW
- Washington: 4/2 @ Arizona, 4/5 vs. ISLES, 4/7 vs. Pittsburgh, 4/9 at St. Louis, 4/10 vs. Anaheim
- NY Rangers: 4/2 vs. Buffalo, 4/4 @ Columbus, 4/5 vs. Tampa Bay, 4/7 vs. ISLES, 4/9 vs. Detroit
- Pittsburgh: 4/2 @ISLES, 4/3 vs. Philadelphia, 4/5 @ Ottawa, 4/7 @ Washington, 4/9 @ Philadelphia
- ISLES: 4/2 vs. Pittsburgh, 4/4 vs. Tampa Bay, 4/5 @ Washington, 4/7 @ NY Rangers, 4/9 vs. Buffalo, 4/10 vs. Philadelphia
- Philadelphia: 4/2 vs. Ottawa, 4/3 @ Pittsburgh, 4/6 at Detroit, 4/7 vs. Toronto, 4/9 vs Pittsburgh, 4/10 @ ISLES
- Boston 4/3 @ Chicago, 4/5 vs. Carolina, 4/7 vs. Detroit, 4/9 vs Ottawa
- Detroit: 4/2 @ Toronto, 4/6 vs. Philadelphia, 4/7 at Boston, 4/9 @ NY Rangers
- If the Isles go 2-3-1 they will clinch a playoff spot regardless of what everyone else does.
- If the Isles win their last 6 (including a regulation win over Pittsburgh) they will finish 2nd regardless of what everyone else does.
The Isles have clinched at least a 9th place finish in the East. The Isles also need to finish ahead of Philadelphia, Boston, Detroit, the Rangers OR Pittsburgh in order to clinch a playoff berth.
- 1, if the Isles win and the Red Wings lose in regulation
- 2, if the Isles win and the Red Wings lose in overtime or a shootout OR the Isles lose in overtime or a shootout and the Red Wings lose in regulation
- 3, if the Isles and Red Wings have the same result (both win, both lose in regulation, or both lose in overtime or a shootout)
- 4, if the Isles lose in regulation and the Red Wings lose in overtime or a shootout OR the Isles lose in overtime or a shootout and the Red Wings win
- Isles beat Pittsburgh and Tampa, Boston loses to Chicago in overtime or a shootout and Detroit wins. That would give the Isles 97 points and give Detroit and Boston a possible maximum of 97 as well. However, only one could reach it because of their game against each other.
- Isles earn 3 points vs Pittsburgh and Tampa, Boston loses to Chicago in regulation, and Detroit loses to Toronto in an overtime or shootout. That would give the Isles 96 points and give Detroit and Boston a possible maximum of 96 as well. However, only one could reach it because of their game against each other.