2. It's the Isles 2nd 1-0 shutout win of the season, after not having a single 1-0 win since 2002. It's only the 13th 1-0 win in Islander history (regular season) and the first at home since October 27, 1998 vs Los Angeles (Salo). Salo had four 1-0 wins in his Islander career; DiPietro is the only other Islander netminder to record two 1-0 victories.
3. Miro Satan now has three goals in four games after recording only one goal since Christmas.
...and a few more...
4. Rick DiPietro has earned a point in seven straight games--tying a career high. He had a seven game winnning streak in 2006 for a career best.
5. The Isles have allowed only 5 goals in their last four games, matching a similar streak in early November.
6. Filling the stat sheet: 4 hits and 4 shots for Trent Hunter; 2 shots and 3 hits for Sean Bergenheim.
7. Martinek and Meyer were on-ice for 5:32 of the 6:00 that the Isles were shorthanded. Tampa managed nine shots on the power play, but (obviously) didn't score.
8. The Isles are now 9-3-1 on the back-ends of back-2-backs, including 6-1-1 in their last eight back-ends. They have four more back-ends to play this season.
9. The Lightning did not score a goal at the Coliseum this season after sweeping the Isles at the Coliseum each of the past two years.
Forever1940 is the nom de plume of Eric Hornick. Eric has worked the Stanley Cup Finals four times, and celebrated his 26th anniversary as the statistician on Islander home telecasts on January 21, 2008.
Post a Comment