2. Connor James cinched the game for Pittsburgh with his 1st NHL goal.
3. The Penguins lead the season series 4-2, and have won two straight on Long Island. It's the first time that they've won consecutive games in regulation at the Coliseum since a three-game streak from 1995 to 1997.
and a few more...
4. Fedotenko's power play was welcome news for a power play that was 1-5 in the prior four games and 1-20 in the prior five.
5. The loss broke a 4-game home winning streak.
6. The Penguins played the first-half of the game with 16 skaters (including a large stretch with only 15).
Forever1940 is the nom de plume of Eric Hornick. Eric has worked the Stanley Cup Finals four times, and celebrated his 26th anniversary as the statistician on Islander home telecasts on January 21, 2008.
Post a Comment