1. Streaks ended: Six straight wins and 7 straight games with points for both the Isles and DiPietro. Six straight wins against the Devils (including 5 this season).
2. Josef Vasicek's goal gives him points in 6 of the last 7 games [2-6-8]
3. The Devils outshot the Isles 20-4, matching the most shots allowed by the Isles in a period this season. The Devils finished with 42 shots, and every Devil except Michael Rupp had at least one.
...and a few more...
4. Bryan Berard played his 600th NHL game.
5. Fedotenko's goal gives him 6 goals in the last 9 games.
6. The Devils won 36 face-offs to the Islanders' 19. John Madden won 17 of 23 and Patrik Elias won 12 of 16. Madden also had a key shorthanded goal -- the 11th allowed by the Isles this season (most in the NHL).
7. Miro Satan had the only goal in Thursday's win, but was a -3 today.
8. The Devils attracted only their 6th sellout of the season (the Islanders have had 9).
9. The Devils scored both a pp goal and a sh goal, after going 0-14 vs the Isles on the PP in the first five games of the season series.
10. The great Martin Brodeur exceeded the 56,000 mark in career minutes (third all-time) and won his 528th game (23 shy of Patrick Roy's record).
11. Zach Parise picked up another goal and assist against the Isles, giving him 5 points on the Devils' 11 goals against the Isles this season.
Forever1940 is the nom de plume of Eric Hornick. Eric has worked the Stanley Cup Finals four times, and celebrated his 26th anniversary as the statistician on Islander home telecasts on January 21, 2008.
Post a Comment