1. The Isles remain winless in December (0-7-1; that's 8 straight losses according to the NHL)
2. The Isles have now gone pointless in 7 straight road games (0-7-0).. They are an abysmal 5-11-1 on the road; their 11 points in 17 road games equals their fewest since 1995-96.
3. The Isles were held to a season-low 16 shots.
... a few more
4. The Isles have lost three straight to Minnesota over the last 4 seasons...with three different coaches (Sterling, Nolan, Gordon). The Isles own only 1 win in St. Paul -- in 2002.
5. Doug Weight recorded career point #998, an assist on the only Islander goal. It came on a 5-on-3.
6. Mitch Fritz dressed, but he did not play.
7. Mike Comrie (18:52) and Kyle Okposo (18:01, -2) both returned to the lineup, but Andy Sutton broke his foot blocking a Marek Zidlicky shot in the first period.
8. The Isles have lost 19 games; last season they didn't lose their 19th game until January 19th (23-19-5)
9. With the loss, the Isles fall to 10-19-3; they remain tied with Tampa for the fewest points in the NHL, but the Lightning have played one fewer game.
10. Up next -- the Isles face Nashville for the first time in 796 days tomorrow night in Music City. The Preds have won the last three games between the teams.
Forever1940 is the nom de plume of Eric Hornick. Eric has worked the Stanley Cup Finals four times, and celebrated his 26th anniversary as the statistician on Islander home telecasts on January 21, 2008.