1. The Thrashers have outscored the Isles 8-1 in the last 4 periods, and 5-0 in the third period this season.
2. Atlanta has beaten the Isles in regulation in consecutive games for the first time since winning the first two games between the franchises in 1999.
3. Bill Guerin' first minute pp goal was the 397th goal of his NHL career.
and a few more....
4. The Isles have won consecutive home games only once since February.
5. The penalties started early and ended late. The Isles earned a power play only 19 seconds into the game; there was a scrum that produced 42 minutes of penalties with 19 seconds to play.
6. Ilya Kovalchuk had a goal and two assists for Atlanta.
7. The Isles have allowed 24 goals in their last five games -- they haven't allowed more in a five-game stretch since December 2005.
8. Blake Comeau had three shots and three assists in his NHL season debut. He played Friday night for Bridgeport, where his game was reffed by Jamie Koharski. Jamie's dad, Don, was one of tonight's refs.
9. Josh Bailey led the Isles forwards in first period ice-time (7:16) but played only 9:20 the rest of the way.
10. Brendan Witt had eight hits and five blocked shots. Three of the blocks came on one shift, all on shots by Kovalchuk.
Up next: The Isles begin a 4-game trip in Toronto. The Isles won the series last year, 5 points to 4. They went 5-3-0 against the Leafs under Nolan; the Leafs are the only Eastern Conference team that the Isles have not played this season.
Forever1940 is the nom de plume of Eric Hornick. Eric has worked the Stanley Cup Finals four times, and celebrated his 26th anniversary as the statistician on Islander home telecasts on January 21, 2008.