1. Jason Arnott played in his 1,000th NHL game.
2. Vernon Fiddler scored the game's only goal -- 6:48 into the first period.
3. Pekka Rinne recorded the shutout for Nashville - his third of the season. All three have come this month.
...and a few more.
4. It was the second time this season that the Isles have been shutout (Florida 10/18), and the 15th time in club history that they've been blanked 1-0. (They were last shutout 1-0 by the Panthers on the 25th anniversary cup celebration day last March).
5. Doug Weight missed most of the final two periods with an injury. Without him for most of the night, the Isles lost 38 of 64 face-offs.
6. Blake Comeau, a healthy scratch in Minnesota, played 16:13 more than the man he replaced (Mitch Fritz, who did not get off the bench in Minnesota).
7. It's the second time that the Isles have ever been blanked by the Preds. Tomas Vokoun shut them out on February 13, 2003.
8. The Isles have lost 9 straight (0-8-1) overall and 8 straight on the road (0-8). Their last road point came in the game Ryan O'Byrne put the puck into his own net for the tying goal in Montreal.
9. It's the 4th time in Isles history (and first time in 34 years) that they haven't won any of their first nine games in a month.
They were 0-9-2 to start December, 1972 ... 0-9 to open January, 1973, and 0-9 to begin March, 1974.
10. Up next: The Isles return home on Tuesday to face Atlanta. The Thrashers already hold two victories over the Islanders this season.
It doesn't mean anything but... Jeff Tambellini scored a goal for the third straight AHL game tonight as Bridgeport lost to Binghamton 4-1. Tambellini's conditioning stint is now over. He has 0 goals in his last 42 NHL games and only 4 goals in 102 career NHL games (98 of them for the Islanders).
Forever1940 is the nom de plume of Eric Hornick. Eric has worked the Stanley Cup Finals four times, and celebrated his 26th anniversary as the statistician on Islander home telecasts on January 21, 2008.