1. The Kings are now 4-0-1 in their last five games on Long Island. The Isles haven't beaten LA at home since a 1-0 win on October 27, 1998. Tommy Salo had the shutout; Joe Sacco had the game's only goal.
2. Jack Johnson scored the shootout's only goal, making a winner out of Jonathan Quick. Yann Danis made 36 saves for the Isles.
3. Doug Weight, Andy Hilbert and Tim Jackman had the Islander goals. Weight has 73 points in 63 games against the Kings.
and a few more...
4. Wayne Simmonds, Anze Kopitar and Alexander Frolov scored for Los Angeles, the final tally coming on a power play.
5. The Isles have lost 3 straight (0-2-1). In 2009, the streaky Isles have lost 8 (0-7-1), won 4 (4-0-0) and now lost 3 (0-2-1).
6. Despite gaining a loser point, the Isles extended their "lead" in the Tavares sweeps to five games because Atlanta beat Tampa Bay.
7. The Isles were credited with 35 hits (6 for Callahan and 5 for Jackman) and 26 blocks (8 for Gervais and 7 for Witt). Radek Maritnek led all players with 27:34 of ice-time.
8. The Kings outshot the Isles 39-25, holding the Isles without a shot for the equivalent of a full period from the midpoint of the second period to the midpoint of the third. Sometimes stats don't lie; the Kings entered the game having allowed the 2nd lowest average shots per game while the Isles have average the 2nd highest shots against.
9. The Isles have lost three consecutive games, all by one goal, for the first time since 2002 and the tenth time in their history. They've lost four straight by one goal only three times (last done in November 2000).
10. Looking ahead: the Isles play in New Jersey on Wednesday. The Devils lead the series 3 games-0, winning each game in regulation. Three of the Isles' next 12 will be against the Devils, who will be looking to sweep the Rock portion of the season series on Wednesday. The Isles have lost their last 4 back-ends of back-to-backs (0-3-1) and will be playing their first one since January 3rd.
Forever1940 is the nom de plume of Eric Hornick, statistician on Islander home telecasts since 1982.
Post a Comment