- The Isles scored seven goals for the first time since January 24, 2013 in Toronto. They have not scored seven goals at a home since a 9-3 win over Pittsburgh on February 11, 2011.
- The Isles scored 6 goals, and then 7, against the Stars for the first time since the franchise moved from Minnesota. The last time the Isles scored seven goals against the Stars was on 11/19/1991 in Bloomington.
- The Isles defense combined for six points. It's the first time since March 31, 2011 vs. the Rangers (seven points) that the Isles have had at least six points from their defense.
- John Tavares is the first Islander since Josh Bailey (3/27/12 vs Pittsburgh) to record five points in a game. (No Islander has had a six-point game since Pat Lafontaine had two of them in 1990)
- Andrew MacDonald is the first Islander defenseman with a point in five straight games since Mark Streit, who had a point in six straight from March 11-24, 2012.
- MacDonald is the first Islander defenseman with an assist in five straight games since James Wisniewski, October 16-27, 2010. (Wisniewski actually had an assist in his first 7 games as an Islander, but only five of those games were consecutive).
- Peter Regin recorded his first goal since October 8th vs Phoenix. The Isles have scored 13 goals in the games that Regin has scored. Regin is the 279th Islander to score at least two career goals. (In the third period, Strait became the 280th).
- The Isles won a home game in regulation for the first time since November 12th vs. Nashville.
Career Goals as an Islander
Career Assists as an Islander
Career Games as an Islander (skaters)
Career Points as an Islander
[MSG+ (Islanders pre-game at 6:30pm), 88.7 WRHU-FM, 103.9 WRCN-FM]