Tuesday's results: Pittsburgh 4 at Detroit 7
Montreal 2 at Philadelphia 3
The Wild Card Race
1. Isles 85 points (33 regulation wins) in 75 games (Wednesday at Washington, Saturday at Tampa Bay)
2. Pittsburgh 82 points (27 RWs) in 74 games (Thursday vs. Nashville)
3. Florida 79 points (31 RWs) in 74 games (Wednesday at Toronto)
4. Buffalo 77 points (27 RWs) in 73 games (Friday vs. NY Rangers)
5. Ottawa 77 points (29 RWs) in 74 games (Thursday vs. Philadelphia)
6. Washington 76 points (26 RWs) in 74 games (Wednesday vs Isles, Thursday at Tampa Bay)
Isn't it Magic?
Pittsburgh can reach 98 points if they win their last eight games while Florida can reach 95 if they win their final eight games and Buffalo can do so if they win their final nine. That makes the Isles' Magic number 11 over Florida and Buffalo and 14 over Pittsburgh. (The Isles can reach 99 so Pittsburgh’s Magic number to finish in the first Wild Card is 18, meaning the Isles once again control their own destiny for the top wild card.)
Islander clinching numbers vs. other East Conference teams: PHL (4), DET (7), WAS (8), OTT (9), BUF (11).
The Isles have clinched at least 14th place in the East, as CBJ and MTL cannot catch the Isles They will clinch a playoff spot by guaranteeing a finish above eight other Eastern Conference teams, and they will clinch the top wild card if they guarantee themselves a finish above nine other teams.
Post a Comment