1. Wade Dubielewicz is now 4-0 in career shootouts. It was his first shootout since poke-checking the Isles into the playoffs last season. Dubie has now beaten the Rangers twice in shootouts; he also has a shootout win over Pittsburgh in 2006 on his resume.
2. Since Ted Nolan became the Isles coach, the Islanders have met the Rangers in a game following a regulation loss four times. The Isles are now 4-0-0 in those games. The Isles under Nolan are 9-2-2 against the Rangers.
3. The Isles improve to 20-0-1 when leading after two periods. They've lost only once in regulation when leading after two periods in the Nolan era (the game Ricky got hurt in Montreal last season).
... a few more...
4. There were only 9 face-offs in the entire third period (including one to start the period, one after the Ranger goal and three after penalties).
5. The Isles improve to 4-2 this season in shootouts. The Rangers are 5-6.
6. The Isles have now allowed 14 shorthanded goals (two shy of the club record) and have been outscored 4-2 on their own power play in the last eight games.
7. Jeff Tambellini had the least amount of ice-time for the Isles (10:07) but recorded five hits and had a shot on goal before dethroning King Henrik
8. Colton Orr had eight hits for the Rangers, but the Isles out-hit the Rangers 41-30.
9. The Isles now lead the series 4 games to 1, and 8 points to 3. They'll look for only their third-ever sweep of a home and home against the Rangers on Thursday.
10. This is the Isles' 36th regular season win at MSG. They are 7-19-10 in games following a win in the Garden, although they did win last season in Boston after winning at MSG.
11. The Isles are 4-1 in their last five on the road (4-1-1 in their last 6). The last 3 road wins have come in either OT or SO.
Forever1940 is the nom de plume of Eric Hornick. Eric has worked the Stanley Cup Finals four times, and celebrated his 26th anniversary as the statistician on Islander home telecasts on January 21, 2008.