1. 3 goals in 42 seconds allowed by Isles in the third period sets a new Islander club record (previous record 43 in 1988 by Washington).
2. The Lightning had eight goals, after never scoring more than 6 goals in a game against the Isles
3. It's the first time in his career that DiPietro has allowed eight goals in a game.
and a few more:
4. Hilbert's consecutive game streak ended at 151 (he played the final 81 last season after being scratched on opening night)
5. Despite having a hat trick, Vincent Lecavalier had an even +/- rating to go along with 9 shots. Despite playing only 13:35, Jeff Tambellini was -4.
6. The Isles scored a power play goal in the third period --it was their first pp goal in the last five games. Ben Walter scored the pp goal --his first NHL point (16 games with Boston and the Isles)
7. Tampa scored 2 pp goals in the first period -- at that point the Isles had allowed six pp goals in their last 9 chances short.
8. DiPietro was credited with a late assist on Comrie's garbage time goal. It's his 6th assist of the season, extending his club record. Comrie's goal was the final of 4 goals (three by Tampa) in a 100 second span.