1. It was some night for Jarku Ruutu, who had the winning goal while shorthanded, and two assists. George Laraque had a goal, an assist, but missed the Gordie Howe hat trick by not being involved in one of the two fights.
2. Each team had five full power plays (10:00 of pp time) but neither team could score with the extra man.
3. The Penguins won the season series 5 games to 3 and 10 points to 6,
...a few more.
4. The Isles were out-shot 29-28, but it wasn't Sean Bergenheim's fault. He had seven shots by himself, and was +1.
5. The Isles had another good night on draws, winning 33 of 54. Jeremy Colliton won all five that he took and Richard Park won 12 of 18.
6. The Isles finish March with a 2-6 road record, including six losses in the final 7.
Forever1940 is the nom de plume of Eric Hornick. Eric has worked the Stanley Cup Finals four times, and celebrated his 26th anniversary as the statistician on Islander home telecasts on January 21, 2008.
Post a Comment