1. The Isles set a season high with 53 shots (one shy of the club record) and set club records for:
-- most shots in a period, 29 -- breaking the previous record of 28 set in 1978 vs Pittsburgh and matched in 2004 in Florida.
-- most shots in a shutout against -- breaking the previous record of 42 set on November 7, 2002 in Montreal (Jose Theodore).
Craig Anderson made a career high 53 saves.
2. The Isles have had 47 shots or more 4 times in their last 11 games.
3. It was the first time since November 15, 1997 that the Islanders had been blanked 1-0 at the Coliseum (Five 1-0 losses on the road in that stretch)
...and a pair more:
4. The Isles entered the game with an 8.2 shooting percentage, which is 29th in the NHL. The only team worse was the Rangers, who were at 8.0%.
5. While both games had crowds of over 15,000, neither game for "Core of the Four" weekend was a sellout.
Forever1940 is the nom de plume of Eric Hornick. Eric has worked the Stanley Cup Finals four times, and celebrated his 26th anniversary as the statistician on Islander home telecasts on January 21, 2008.