Friday, December 23, 2011
Milbury: CASE DISMISSED
As I wrote on Sunday after reading Kevin Paul Dupont's story in the Globe:
<< It will be interesting to see where this goes. If the dad's name was not "Mike Milbury", I'm gathering we never would have heard about it.>>
From the Boston Herald:
<<Case dismissed against Mike Milbury
Ex-Bruin Mike Milbury will not face any charges and his case over an alleged confrontation in Brookline following a peewee hockey game earlier this month has been dismissed.
A spokeswoman for Milbury's legal team announced this afternoon that a clerk magistrate at Brookline District Court has ruled there is not enough evidence to move ahead in the case. "No charges," said Justine Griffin, speaking for Milbury's defense counsel.
Milbury said today after the decision it was all "an unfortunate misunderstanding."
The parents of the alleged victim have also left court refusing to speak to the press.
Brookline police had sought charges against the former Bruins defenseman over an incident Dec. 9 between the 59-year-old Milbury and a 12-year-old boy following a peewee hockey game between the Boch Blazers and Boston Junior Blackhawks at the town-owned Larz Andersen Rink in Brookline.
Milbury's lawyers called that confrontation an intervention by the former NHL pro between his son and the other player. At no time did he assault the child, his lawyers told the Herald.
Breaking ...Article URL: http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view.bg?articleid=1390753
Forever1940 is the nom de plume of Eric Hornick, statistician on Islander home telecasts since 1982. Visit my blog: NYISkinny.com and follow me on Twitter @ehornick