1. The Isles finish January winless at home (0-4-2). The NHL considers this a 6-game home losing streak, which is one game shy of the club record, set in the 1999-2000 season. The Isles haven't gone winless in a full month at home since going 0-6 in March 2001. The Isles have scored 3 goals or fewer in each game in this streak, and have been held to three goals or fewer in 19 of the last 21 at home. The Isles have two regulation wins in their last fourteen home games (4-8-2, but two of the 4 wins were in overtime)
2. The Kings have not lost on Long Island since October 27, 1998 (a 1-0 Isles win). The Isles are 0-3-1 vs. LA in that stretch.
3. Bryan Berard has a goal in consecutive games. That give the Isles three defensemen with at least 4 goals (Bergeron 9, Campoli/Berard 4 each). The Isles have 19 goals from their defensemen this season.
... and a few more
4. The Kings had five power plays and the Isles only one. It's the fifth time this season (and fourth time this month) that the Isles have been to one pp in a game (0-3-2). The Devils did not have a pp in their November 10th visit to the Coliseum --the only time this season the opponent has been held to fewer than 2 pp's.
5. The Isles have lost three straight in regulation time for the 2nd time this season. They have had only one regulation losing streak longer than three games under Ted Nolan -- a 6 game skein last December/January.
6. The Kings' winning goal was scored on a power play -- the sixth straight game that the Isles have allowed a pp goal (9 goals on 28 times short)
Forever1940 is the nom de plume of Eric Hornick. Eric has worked the Stanley Cup Finals four times, and celebrated his 26th anniversary as the statistician on Islander home telecasts on January 21, 2008.
Post a Comment