2. Jasen Cullimore's winning goal ended two long streaks -- it was his first goal in 80 games (dating back to October 31, 2006 against the Islanders) and was the first time in the last 11 overtime games between the teams that the Panthers beat the Isles. The Islanders had won three overtime games, and two shootout games and there had also been five ties since Ray Sheppard scored in overtime to beat the Isles on December 22, 1996.
3.Sure looks like Marc Andre Bergeron is back in the Isles' good graces. He played 21:18 (buoyed by 8:22 of pp time) and had a game high eight shots on goal. Comrie's goal came off a play that Bergeron started -- Sillinger and Hunter batted at the rebound before Comrie put it in. Overall, the Isles defense combined for 17 shots.
and a few more...
4. Craig Anderson picked up his first victory of the season and first in three career appearances vs. the Isles. He had been beaten by the Isles twice in 2003 -- Alexei Yashin had a four goal game against Anderson and Steve Passmore in March, and the Isles beat him in the blizzard game in December.
5. If you thought Jay Bouwmeester was on the ice the entire game... he was. He played 35:48 as Jacques Martin used four defensemen for most of the game. (Mezei played 7:39 and Montador only 5:25).
6 Bill Guerin now has six goals in the last 6 games and nine goals in the last 12 games. He had only 5 in the previous 27 games, and they all game in a 4 game span.
7. Comrie's goal gave him a season-high five game point streak (4-4-8)
8. After missing his first game as an Islander, Sillinger had a goal and two assists. He now has five points (1-4-5) in his last two games. It was his first three point game since recording four points at Florida on March 17th.
Forever1940 is the nom de plume of FSN statistician Eric Hornick. Eric, who has worked the Stanley Cup Finals four times, celebrated his 25th anniversary as the statistician on Islander home telecasts on January 21, 2007. Often referred to on-air as an actuary, he is one of 3,044 Fellows of the Casualty Actuarial Society and is the President of the Casualty Actuaries of Greater NY. You can find him in the "Best Seat in the House", to the left of Howie and Billy, at most Islander home games. For more on the actuarial profession, visit www.beanactuary.org