2. The Isles and Sens split the season series two games each, but the Sens win on points by a 5-4 margin.
3. Perhaps Sean Bergenheim is starting to come into his own offensively. He's scored twice in three games after scoring only twice in his first 44 appearances this season. Bergenheim now has nine NHL goals in 93 career games. He has tied his NHL-career high with 4 goals this season.
...and a few more
4. Rick DiPietro was charged with 6 giveaways in tonight's game, more than any skater on either team.
5. The Isles have lost consecutive goals by at least three goals for the first time since last March 15-17. Those were the first two games the team played following DiPietro's injury in Montreal.
6. The Sens played without Dany Heatley, and then lost Daniel Alfredsson in the 2nd period
7. The Isles pp had only two chances, but took four shots on their first attempt and got a 3rd period goal by Bryan Berard on their second try.
Forever1940 is the nom de plume of Eric Hornick. Eric has worked the Stanley Cup Finals four times, and celebrated his 26th anniversary as the statistician on Islander home telecasts on January 21, 2008.