2. Rick DIPietro was clearly the star of the game, and the media recognized that by naming him the game's first star. He made 43 saves (third highest total of his career).
3. The Isles killed 7 Vancouver power plays and spent only 18 seconds (all in their own end) on the power play.
and a few more...
4. Who is Alexander Edler? The 21 year old Edler scored the winning goal in the shootout. He was the 91st pick in the 2004 draft. It was his first appearance of the season in the shootout
5. Where were the Sedins in the shootout? On the bench. Daniel is 0-2 in the shootout this season while Henrik does not have a shooutout attempt.
6. DiPietro is now 14-9 in his career in shootouts, having allowed 26 goals in 100 attempts.
7. Last place Rangers -- the Isles entered the night tied with the Flyers and one point behind the Rangers. With the Flyer win and the Isle point, the Flyers are now 3rd and the Isles (20-17-5) slide ahead of the Rangers (20-18-5).
8. Blake Comeau's goal was the 100th credited to the Isles this season -- they became the last team to reach 100 goals. St. Louis reached the mark earlier in the evening.
Forever1940 is the nom de plume of FSN statistician Eric Hornick.