Four Easiest in East
1. Rangers .491 after playing Tor/NYI, none of their final 7 opponents are in a playoff spot
2. Winnipeg .510 ...but Isles/Wsh/Montreal are three of their final 4
3. Boston .519 Along with Carolina, only teams with 11 to play in final 20 days
4. Isles .520 Final 5-gm road trip includes 4 teams not currently in a spot
Other games in East tonight:
- Buffalo at Winnipeg -- the Jets start play 2 points behind the Isles, Rangers and Capitals but because of tie-breakers can't catch any of them on Tuesday.
- Ottawa at Tampa Bay -- Ottawa leads the Isles/Rangers by two points, but trail 5th place Toronto by four points.
- Washington at Montreal -- Washington leads the Southeast by 2 points over Winnipeg.
- Pittsburgh at Carolina -- The Canes were leading their division on March 18th but are 1-11-1 in their last 13; they could fall to 14th place on Tuesday. Pittsburgh will clinch the Atlantic with a victory.
(Technically since they play either other on Saturday, we know that both the Isles and Rangers can't reach 60 point-- they both can't win on Saturday.)