Four Easiest in East
1. Rangers .470 after playing NYI, none of their final 7 opponents are in a playoff spot
2. Winnipeg .513 ...but Isles/Wsh/Montreal are three of their final 4
3. Boston .520 B's can clinch playoff spot with pt vs Isles or Florida victory over Winnipeg
4. ISLES .524 Final 5-gm road trip includes 4 teams not currently in a spot
Isles and Bruins with 6:30 pre-game on MSG+ tonight. The Isles need a point to stay in 7th place, will pass Ottawa for 6th if they get more points than Sens. Isles are 7-1-1 in their last 9 and have 24 points in 18 road games, which is their highest total thru 18 road games in the Post-Cup era.
Other games in East tonight:
- Pittsburgh at Tampa Bay - the Penguins clinched the Atlantic Tuesday; the Lightning are on life-support
- Montreal at Buffalo - the Habs fell out of first place Wednesday; the Sabres are 6 points out of a playoff spot
- Florida at Winnipeg -the Jets can tie the Rangers in points (and the Isles, Caps and Sens if they don't get points too)
- Ottawa at Philadelphia- Isles fans chanted "Last Place Flyers" on Tuesday; could be chanting "Let's Go Flyers" on Thursday
- Carolina at Washington- Caps continue to win; Kirk Muller is 1-12-1 in his last 14 games.