The Isles win in Pittsburgh assures that the Isles and Capitals will once again meet in the playoffs:
It will be the 7th meeting of the teams in playoffs (Isles are 5-1, winning 18 of 30 games)
1983 Patrick Division SemiFinals Isles won series 3-1
1984 Patrick Division Finals Isles won series 4-1
1985 Patrick Division SemiFinals Isles won series 3-2
1986 Patrick Division SemiFinals Caps won series 3-0 (Arbour retired thereafter)
1987 Patrick Division SemiFinals Isles won series 4-3 (LaFontaine 4 OT; only playoff series won by anyone other than Arbour)
1993 Patrick Division SemiFinals Isles won series 4-2
(Isles have met Rangers 8 times in playoffs -- 7th time with Caps is 2nd highest total.)
Metropolitan Division Standings (Top 4)
· NY Rangers 52-22-7=111 points / 81 games (48 ROW) Idle
· Washington 45-25-11=101 points / 81 games (40 ROW) Idle
· ISLES 47-28-6=100 points / 81 games (40 ROW) Beat Pittsburgh 3-1
· Pittsburgh 42-27-12=96 points / 81 games (38 ROW) Lost to Isles 3-1
After ROW, head-to-head record is the next tie-breaker. The Isles hold that tie-breaker over the Penguins, while Washington owns that tie-breaker against both the Isles and Pittsburgh.
- ISLES have 100 points, 40 regulation/overtime wins (ROW) & 2 games to play. They can finish with a maximum of 102 points.
- Washington has 101 points, 40 ROW and 1 game to play. They can finish with a maximum of 103 points.
- Detroit has 98 points, 38 ROW and 1 game to play. They can finish with a maximum of 100 points.
- Ottawa has 97 points, 36 ROW and 1 game to play. They can finish with a maximum of 99 points.
- Pittsburgh has 96 points, 38 ROW and 1 game to play. They can finish with a maximum of 98 points.
- Boston has 95 points, 37 ROW and 1 game to play. They can finish with a maximum of 97 points.
Isles, Washington and Detroit have all clinched a playoff spot.
Saturday' schedule: Isles host Columbus, Washington host the Rangers, Pittsburgh is at Buffalo, Boston is at Tampa Bay, Ottawa is at Philadelphia and Detroit is at Carolina.(end regular season)
The Isles will finish second in the Metropolitan Division IF:
The Isles beat Columbus and Washington loses Saturday to the Rangers in regulation
The Isles beat Columbus in regulation/overtime and Washington loses Saturday to the Rangers in any fashion
The Isles will finish third in the Metropolitan Division IF:
The Isles lose to Columbus in any fashion
If Washington loses in OT/SO to the Rangers and the Isles do not beat Columbus in regulation
Who can the Isles play in the First Round
Post a Comment